GRANTS DUE IN OCTOBER
*Check back regularly as grants will be updated as information becomes available*
- Iowa CDBG Water and Sewer Funds (IA) – Funds awarded through this annual competitive program assist cities and counties with projects such as sanitary sewer system improvements, water system improvements, water, and wastewater treatment facility projects, storm sewer projects related to sanitary sewer system improvements and rural water connections. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 1, 2023.
- Brownfield Assessment Grant – Assessment Grants provide funding for a grant recipient to inventory, characterize, assess, conduct a range of planning activities, develop site-specific cleanup plans, and conduct community involvement related to brownfield sites. The performance period for these grants is three years. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 1, 2023.
- Pilot Program for Transit-Orientated Development Planning – The Pilot Program for TOD Planning helps support FTA’s mission of improving America’s communities through public transportation by providing funding to local communities to integrate land use and transportation planning with a new fixed guideway or core capacity transit capital investment. Comprehensive planning funded through the program must examine ways to improve economic development and ridership, foster multimodal connectivity and accessibility, improve transit access for pedestrian and bicycle traffic, engage the private sector, identify infrastructure needs, and enable mixed-use development near transit stations. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 10, 2023.
- SMARTS Grants (Stage 1) – The SMART program was established to provide grants to eligible public sector agencies to conduct demonstration projects focused on advanced smart community technologies and systems in order to improve transportation efficiency and safety. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 10, 2023.
- South Dakota Industrial Park Road Grants (SD) – This program is a means to assist cities and towns that have a new industry coming to their community and need new or expanded access to the industry. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 15, 2023.
- Agri-Business Access Grant (SD) – This program is a means for local governments to address road needs associated with new agri-business, such as ethanol plants, large-scale elevators, etc. In many cases, these new agri-businesses create additional truck traffic that an existing road may not be built to take. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 15, 2023.
- Airport Terminals Program – Through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, $5 billion has been allocated to provide competitive grants for airport terminal development projects that address the aging infrastructure of the nation’s airports. These grants will fund safe, sustainable and accessible airport terminals, on-airport rail access projects and airport-owned airport traffic control towers. Projects may also include multimodal development. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 16, 2023.
- Iowa Energy Infrastructure Revolving Loan Program – The EIRLP provides low-interest loans for energy infrastructure projects that facilitate electricity or gas generation, transmission, storage, or distribution. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 19, 2023.
- Energy Improvements in Rural or Remote Areas – The Energy Improvements in Rural or Remote Areas (ERA) program seeks to improve the resilience, reliability, and affordability of energy systems in communities across the country with 10,000 or fewer people. The ERA program will leverage DOE’s expertise and experience in resilient energy solutions to modernize electric generation facilities, address disproportionately high electricity costs, and support new economic opportunities in rural and remote communities. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 26, 2023.
- Pathways to Removing Obstacles to Housing (Pro Housing) – Grant funding for the identification and removal of barriers to affordable housing production and preservation. Congress has directed HUD to undertake a competition using the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) statutory and regulatory framework. HUD will be accepting applications for PRO Housing grants to identify and remove barriers to affordable housing production and preservation. For more information, click here. Applications are due by October 30, 2023.